Monday, November 12, 2012

Fukuoka Shabu Shabu

Finally got the chance to go to this hot pot place near me.



I got the mushroom main pot with the hot and spicy soup base. The soup was pretty spicy but I wasn't a big fan of the herb taste that came along with it. My eating partner got the seafood and meat combination main pot with the regular soup base.


My hot pot.

Healthy Fresh Mushroom combination - $12.50
Seafood & Meat Combination (Beef) - $16.50 (Seafood plate)
Seafood & Meat Combination (Beef) - $16.50 (Beef Plate)
With each main pot comes a dish of veggies, assorted fish balls, imitation crab and some other small items. (You can see the plate in the second picture).

We also got an extra 2 orders of fish balls and taro.

The bill came out around $50 after tax and I was really stuffed. Not a bad place for hot pot. The seafood and meat were fresh and the service was friendly. They also have a "sauce stand" with many variations of sauces for you to experiment.

With the winter coming, I am glad I found this place. They open late too!

Edit: ...and the best thing about this place is that each person gets their own hot pot! I got to get my own soup base and took my time cooking and eating.

Fukuoka Shabu Shabu
45-68 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11355
(718) 661-1616

http://fukuokashabu.com

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you'd like the Little Pepper Hot Pot place. It's near Prince Street. What happened to your stove quest?

    ReplyDelete