Monday, February 18, 2013

Punto De Vista Restaurant

I'm in the blogging mood so here's the first PR post.

First restaurant I went to once I landed on the island.

Part I:





Good Mojito!

Mahi Mahi - $16

The rice was pretty good. Good flavor, had beans inside of it and was moist. The fish was good but not great. I only had a piece of it. My dish was (see below)...

Shrimp Mofongo with Ajo (Garlic) Sauce - $15

Famous Puerto Rican fried plantain-based dish. To be honest, I never heard of mofongo until I started to do my PR research. It sounded interested and I was excited.

However, it really wasn't what I expected. Based on all the reviews of this place and this dish, I was expecting something extraordinary. When I took my first bit, I was disappointed. I was thinking the plantain part would be filled with flavor and spices. It just turned out to be on the bland side. Maybe that's just how it is?

But hey, the overall dish was still good. The shrimp was delicious and the sauce was great.

Side Note: I definitely came to appreciate this place after I got back to NY. H got me a mofongo from this place in the lower manhattan and it really wasn't good! It was bland and dry.

Part II:

The shrimp was so good, I went back to this place one more time before I left PR.

I ordered my shrimp mofongo and H got something new.



Sorry, I can't remember what he ordered. I do remember him saying he liked it though.

Rice and Beans
The rice was dry...not sure how that happened.


Two mojitos (buy one, get one free) and that puerto rican coconut alcohol drink I was telling you guys about.

Punto De Vista Restaurant
1 Cll Juan Antonio Coretejas
Plaza Covadonga
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901
(787) 725-4860

No comments:

Post a Comment