Monday, October 8, 2012

Chowder Days

I was on Yahoo! last week and came across a "Fall Festivals That Are Worth It" list. The only event that was interesting and fairly close to me was the "Chowder Days" in Connecticut. Seeing the word Chowder got me craving it so guess what? I went!



Took a pic of the tents from a distance. There's a tent where you buy tickets upfront and then you use the tickets when you order the food at the other tents.

We got ourselves a New England Clam Chowder, Lobster Bisque, Cinnamon Sugar Fried Dough and a root beer.

I was disappointed with the root beer. I figured it would be something special but it was just A&W.




I wasn't impressed with the lobster bisque...actually, I didn't like it. It wasn't thick and creamy enough for me. I'm not a lobster bisque person so maybe that's how it's suppose to taste. Either way, it was eh.


Now, I'm definitely not an expert Chowder eater but I have had my share. This one wasn't bad but definitely below average in my opinion. I was disappointed from the first bite. The flavor just wasn't there. You would think that a Chowder festival would have decent chowder...the one that I got at the Maine Lobster Festival was definitely 100 times better.




I think these would have been great if they weren't so big. The outside of this treat was yummy but the inside was just too bland.

Overall, would I recommend this festival? If you have nothing better to do, I say go for it. The festival is  inside a Seaport Museum so if you are into boats and seeing some nice scenery, I say try it out. Don't expect too much from the food though. Oh, and you have to pay $24 ($21 with a AAA membership) per person just to get inside. The food is separate.

Chowder Days (October 6-8, 2012)
Mystic Seaport
75 Greenmanville Avenue
Mystic, CT 06355

http://www.mysticseaport.org

No comments:

Post a Comment