Tuesday, February 12, 2013

El Charrito - Taco Truck


I was watching a food show on Netflix one day and saw an episode of Best Food Ever. The episode was called "Fab Food Carts".

A few of the carts piqued my interest but one especially caught my eye...El Charrito. It's a mexican truck located in Stamford, CT.

Well, I decided to go one day to check it out! (It's really not that far so I'm not that crazy)


Shabby truck but who cares as long as the food taste good (and I don't get sick) right?


I really wanted to try the spicy pork that was on the show but when I looked at the menu, I couldn't figure out what it was. In the show, it looked like it was shredded pork but when I asked them if they had shredded pork, they said no. I ended up getting a chicken burrito and my accomplice got a pork skin taco and their soup of the day.

Cueritos Taco
I'm not a big fan of corn tortilla so I didn't eat this but I did taste the pork skin. It was yummy!

Chicken Burrito
This picture doesn't do the burrito any justice. This place makes a burrito the way I like it. The filling just consist of the meat, beans and cheese. No veggies or any other crap. I don't care for rice and lettuce and tomatoes just makes a burrito too watery for me.

This thing was pretty darn good. After they wrapped up the burrito, they placed it on the grill so that the wrap is slightly crisp and the cheese is nice and melted. Once of the best burritos that I have had.

(They also have a hot and mild sauce that you get on the side. The hot sauce has a weird taste but the mild sauce is pretty good.)

Oh! That soup of the day didn't look good and didn't taste it. It was a watery base soup with some veggies and a couple of pieces of beef? Or pork? Either way, the meat didn't look all that cooked.

Take 2:

Yes, just a few weeks later, I went back again! I got the chicken burrito again but my accomplice let me get something new for him so I can try ;)

(The below 2 pics were taken from my phone in a somewhat dim room..forgive the quality)

Huaraches - Spicy Pork


I don't think I am a fan of huaraches, which I believe is made of some kind of Mexican dough. The fried "dough" was pretty bland. The spicy pork though was good! Good flavor and moist. The next time I go to this place, I think I will have a hard time deciding between a spicy pork burrito or a chicken burrito.

Anyway, if you are in the area or want to take a little road trip, go out and visit this truck! The one thing that is bad is the parking. You kinda have to park in some store's parking while you order the food. At least that is what we did. It wasn't a problem though. The area is not highly congested.

P.S. One thing I forgot to say about this truck is that the ingredients are pretty fresh. The food that comes out of it really doesn't look like something that would come from a truck.


El Charrito
On Richmond Hill Ave in Stamford, CT
203 - 940 - 0922
www.elcharritollc.com

1 comment:

  1. That burrito looks manageable...unlike the one at Chipotle. I'd go with the spicy pork one next time ;)

    ReplyDelete