Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pho Mekong

If I had the time, I would go to my go to viet place in brooklyn but when I'm lazy, I go to this place. Not that it says much but I prefer this viet restaurant more than any other one in queens.

Here are a collection of pics from a few visits.

Thai Iced Tea or a regular Milk Tea

Young Coconut Juice
I couldn't decide if this was fresh juice or not. I think my friend came to the conclusion that it was not fresh. However, fresh or not, it tasted pretty good. Sweet yet not too sweet.

Fried Spring Rolls
In my opinion, these rolls has great potential. The only thing holding me back from saying that it's great is that I felt it was a tad under cooked. My friend said it was good though!

I can't wait to cook my own spring rolls one day. I have my family recipe. I just need to get motivated one day and make it!


Pho. Which one? I don't remember. The broth and noodles are good. However, I wish the meat was cut slightly thinner. That's the only thing making this pho great.

Pork Chop Combination
I had a piece of this. I thought the pork chop was good but not great.

BBQ Chicken over Rice
Overall, this dish was good. My one complaint is that it was on the salty side.



So all in all, come here if you want a good viet meal. There are definitely better viet places out there but this one is not bad.



Pho Mekong Thai & Vietnamese Restaurant
15632 Northern Blvd
Flushing, NY 11354

(718) 886-2070

No comments:

Post a Comment