Thursday, March 7, 2013

Valencia Luncheria

So I've had this place on my list for years. I always tell myself to drop by the next time I'm in Connecticut for whatever reason. That never happened so I decided to go to CT one day just to eat here...

Too bad I was very disappointed.



Dulce de leche coffee - $3
I was falling asleep on the ride over so the person I dragged with me ordered this for me while I was washing my hands. It was good.

Mango Iced Tea - $2.50
I heard this was suppose to be really good. Don't ask me why but when I read mango iced tea, I was expecting mango flavored tea with some real pieces of mango in it.So yea, I was slightly disappointed when I saw this. But hey, I can live without the mango so I was still excited.

Blah, I was right from the start. The drink wasn't that great. It didn't have much of a taste. It came with a bottle filled with some kind of syrup or sweetened water so I was like, 'Ok, maybe it just needs a little of this...". I squeezed some in, stirred and sipped. Failed. I figure, "Ok, it needs some more syrup...::squeezes a lot more::". Nope, it still didn't help.

Even though I thought it sucked, I will still give it one more chance if I ever go back here.


Friend's soup. Can't remember what it was. I just know that I didn't really like it.

I wanna say this was the Ceviche Arepa Combo


Friend's meal. I didn't bother tasting the filling. I knew I wouldn't like it. He said it didn't taste good though. It didn't taste fresh. The rice and beans was good. The tostones was no good.



I can't remember this was Pernil or shredded beef. Whatever it was, it was dry and tasteless.

Zach (crispy chicken, honey) - $4.00
This was also dry and bland.

So overall, I doubt I will go out of my way to go to this place again. It has a pretty high rating on Yelp so I don't get it. Maybe I just went on a bad day?


Valencia Luncheria
164 Main St
Norwalk, CT 06851

(203) 846-8009
www.valencialuncheria.com

No comments:

Post a Comment