Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lao Dong Bei Restaurant Inc

Update Below (7-24-13)

I went back to this place again a few weeks ago. Ordered two dishes. The fish with cumin and a new dish - Eggplant w. Hot Garlic Sauce.

Awesome food here. I love having a nice great restaurant near me.

The last time I got the cumin fish, it was a tad salty. This time, it was perfect. Crisp, flavorful and light.

The eggplant? Yummy too. It's not your typical eggplant with garlic sauce. It's on the sweeter side and I think the eggplant is deep fried so it has a tad of a crunch. This is the second place that I know of that makes eggplant this way. The first place I discovered this dish was at Golden Palace Gourmet, which I have banned (I do have a post on them from the first time I visited). Their service was horrible the last time I went. I can deal with the typical Chinese waitress service. What I can't stand is stuck up waitresses and owners. And you know what made it worst? When I got home, I realized that they gave me the wrong order! I think that they knew that too! I think someone didn't pick up their order and they decided to give me that one. Argh!

Anyway, enough about Golden POS Gourmet. This post is about the wonderful Lao Dong Bei Restaurant Inc.

I can't wait to go back and try their other dishes.

Eggplant w. Hot Garlic Sauce - $8.50
UPDATE (7-23-13)

Went back again and ordered two dishes that I've had before and one new one. I ordered the fish with cumin and Fried Pork in Orange Sauce. Both dishes were excellent. I found that the pork dish this time was better than the first time I had it.

Green Bean Sheet Jelly - $9.50
This was our new dish. I found this unexpectedly good. It was cooked with good flavor and I think it went well with the other dishes. It was a nice light appetizer that went well with the fish and pork. Just be careful when picking these noodles up because they are very slippery!

Lao Dong Bei Restaurant Inc
44-09 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11355

(718) 539-4100
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lao-dong-bei-restaurant-flushing

No comments:

Post a Comment