Sunday, July 14, 2013

No. 1 East Restaurant

Wanted to try a new place one morning and found this on Yelp. I saw that they serve hot soy milk and Chinese crullers and I got excited right away.



Sweet Cold Soy Milk - $1.25
Sweet Hot Soy Milk - $1.25
We got one cold and one hot version. I enjoyed it. It had a good amount of sugar and wasn't bitter at all.

Chinese Cruller - $1.25
I didn't like this. It was too oily and too crispy. It was difficult to eat. I enjoy crullers that you can pull apart without it breaking into crumbs. I barely ate this.

Fried Dumplings (8 pcs.) - $4.95
I wasn't a big fan of the skin. It was very loosely wrapped and a tad oily. You can see the insides from the sides. The inside was not bad though . It was cooked thoroughly which is a must for me. I hate it when the inside of a dumpling is not properly cooked. I wouldn't order this again though. It's nothing special.


My buddy got this. I personally think it's a bit much for breakfast. His words were..."It's not bad."

I'm looking forward to enjoying the hot soy milk in the winter and trying their other items.

No. 1 East Restaurant
41-27 Main St
Flushing, NY 11369

(718) 460-8686

2 comments:

  1. That last dish looks like the one I like, except in soup form. Do they give you a choice of noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think they do have it in soup form and in regular dry form.

    ReplyDelete