Monday, September 10, 2012

Pok Pok NY

I really wanted to go to bed (Yes, it's only 9:09pm...but I am tired!) but I figure I post these pictures up. Because my eyes are half open, I will post with minimum commentary.



Thai Iced Coffee...I gotta say. This was pretty good. It's the best Iced coffee that I've had at any restaurant. It was almost as good as my brother's Iced coffee. 


This was my friend's drink...was it peach? Or was it mango? I can't remember anymore ;P

...wait a sec...I think I see it on the receipt. I believe this is a Mango Alexander. My friend enjoyed it. 

Ike's Vietnamese Fish Sauce WIngs (Spicy)
This was good. The wings were small (which I love) and crispy. There was enough heat for you to taste but not enough for you to grab that cup of water. The flavor overall was rich. Good wings.

Kai Yaang (Half Bird)
Out of everything we ordered, I gotta say that this was the most disappointing. That might not be as bad as you think though. The hen wasn't bad tasting...it was just ordinary. Nothing special about it. The sauces that came with it was ordinary too. The chicken at Pio Pio is much better. 

Since there are so many dishes to try, I would not get this until you have tried everything else. 

Papaya Pok Pok
This was good. I've always been a fan of papaya salad. My sister makes it really good and I think this one here is just as good. The salad was flavorful and had just the right amount of heat. I would recommend getting this because it's light and won't interfere too much with your other dishes. 

Sai Ua Samun Phrai (Sausage)
There weren't that many slices so I only got to taste just a little of this. Based on what everyone said though, it sounded delicious. The sauce that came with it was described as good and spicy. 

Khanom Jiin Sao Naam
This was different. It's a sweet dish although I wouldn't categorize it as a dessert. I wouldn't say that this was bad but I'm not sure everyone would like it. This would be something to share among a big crowd just so that you can taste it. I wouldn't get it if I only had a party of two or three. 

Cha Ca "La Vong" (Catfish)
The fish was good. It was nice to eat something besides beef and poultry. 

Neua Naam Tok (Steak salad)
I think this was the steak salad...although I don't really see it on the receipt. Maybe it's under a different name. Either way, I enjoyed this. Usually, when I get these dishes, I am afraid that the steak is too red. To my surprise, this one was not. The beef was cooked yet still very tender. 

Da Chom's Laap Meuang (Minced pork salad)
I think I might have gotten a bad piece or something but I did not enjoy this at all. I only took a very small amount to taste and it had this funky "meat taste" to it. I'm not sure how else to describe it. 

Kaeung Hung Leh (Pork Belly)
This one might be under a different name too since I don't see it on the receipt. Anyway, I think there is only one pork belly dish on the menu and this one is it. This was good but I wouldn't say it's great. The taste is similar to a dish that my brother makes at home. The pork however was tender and flavorful. 


Kung Op Wun Sen
Picture one is what the dish looked like when it came out and picture two is what it looked like after we mixed it. 

...I think I'm writing too much so my comments will be limited to one sentence from now on... ;)

This dish was not bad. Nothing special. 



Sticky rice...how cute. 

Pok Pok Affogato
Yummy...their best dessert imo. 

Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich
The bread says enough...come on...

Sankhaya Durian
I actually liked this ;)



Overall, good restaurant. Just make sure you are ready to wait if you want to go there. The wait can range from an hour to 90 minutes or more...


Pok Pok NY
127 Columbia St
Brooklyn, NY 11231             
Tel: 718 923 9322
URL: www.pokpokny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment