Monday, September 3, 2012

El Jalapeno


Checked off another item from my "Restaurants to Try" list.

I wanted to eat out last night but I couldn't pinpoint where I wanted to go. After thinking about it for a couple of hours (really), I found something from my "Restaurants to Try" list.

Here it goes..


Got here around 10pm and the place was empty. Usually, that worries me but given the time and the fact that it was a long weekend, I didn't think much of it. I actually liked it. Eating in a empty and quiet restaurant is really nice.


Pretty cozy inside. I would say there is about 10 tables? Not a big restaurant.


I didn't try all of them but my friend did and said that the Chili Habanero (green sauce) was the best. I put some on my food and liked it. It has a good kick.


I love Mexican soda.



Fresh chips and salsa. Good. The chips were warm and the salsa tasted very homemade. We put some of that green sauce in it and boy, it became really spicy.


Side of sweet plantains. This was good too. It was sweet and the majority of the pieces were fried so that it was slightly crispy. Yum.


Seafood Platter (I think it was called Seafood Chipotle, Shrimp & Today's Fish)
My friend's dish. There was a filet of fish and shrimp. The shrimp was pretty good. It had good flavor and wasn't dry. The fish wasn't bad either. I think my friend liked it overall.



Chicken Chimichanga
This was not bad. I threw out most of the fried burrito and ate mostly the shredded chicken. The chicken tasted good but I wouldn't say it had great flavor. I can see the portion being too little for some people but for me, it was just right.

Overall, I would recommend this place.

El JalapeƱo

641 President St (between 5th Ave & 4th Ave)
Brooklyn, NY 11215

(718) 636-6333

No comments:

Post a Comment