Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Herbal Jelly Dessert

First attempt at making my own sugar/coconut mix for my herbal jelly dessert.


My coconut milk to sugar ratio was off. I used the whole can of coconut milk and I thought I added enough sugar but it ended up not being enough. The mix is sweet but not as sweet as I like.

I will make more sugar water tomorrow and pour it in my coconut milk mix. Hopefully, that will give me the sweetness that I want.

Also, my herbal jelly was not as "silky" as I like. I will experiment with a few brands and see which one is the best.

Update (11-4-12): 

This is the grass jelly that I used.


5 comments:

  1. Target! There is a cartoon on the bottom of the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the mix you brought. Not too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad I adjusted the "syrup mix". It just wasn't sweet enough in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete