Saturday, October 12, 2013

Shake Shack

I was never a big fan of Shack Shake but I gotta admit, I was pretty excited when I saw that one had opened up near Roosevelt Field mall. Finally, after 6+ months, I had a chance to try it.



I got a SmokeShack, cheese fries and a fifty/fifty (half lemonade and half iced tea). As I said earlier, I was never a big fan. But seeing one out in LI and hardly seeing a crazy line, I figured it would be a good opportunity to give Shack Shake another try.

I got there around 820 on  Tuesday night. No line whatever so that was great. However, while we were waiting for our food, a line about 10 people formed. Nothing compared to the typical shake shack line.

The burger was what I remembered it to be. Decent but nothing that blew my mind. The only thing that was memorable was the chopped cherry pepper. The burger can't compare to five guys imo.

Fries weren't special either. I never understood why a place like this would serve fries like that. You would think they would have better fries to go with their "delicious" burger. Anyway, I saw on their website that they are piloting a new "fresh-cut" fries in one of their location in Manhattan. I'm glad something better is coming! (Five Guys Cajun fries is the best!!)

Anyway, I'm glad this location is there but I think when I crave a burger, I will choose five guys 90% of the time.

...although I may come here for a late night milk shake??

Shake Shack
860 Old Country Rd
Garden City, NY 11530

shakeshack.com

No comments:

Post a Comment