Saturday, October 12, 2013

Carnation Bakery

So I was checking this place on Yelp and read that they had delicious fried chicken buns. Being so near by, I decided to give it a try.

Fried Chicken Bun - $2


I don't get it. What were people thinking on Yelp? Was it great like they claimed? Heck no. Was it good? Maybe.

Honestly, the chicken just didn't look appetizing to me. There was something off about it. I guess the best way I can explain it is...ever looked at a chicken and thought "...Is this really chicken?". :) Well, it wasn't that bad. I think maybe they just didn't use a good piece of chicken.

I ate most of it because I was hungry but I had to throw away the parts that didn't look right to me.

Oh yea, the top part of the bun is a tad sweet. I wasn't a big fan of that either.

Fried Fish Bun - $1.75


Funny story about this one. A few weeks ago, I went into this bakery looking for the fried chicken bun. I saw the label that said fried chicken and picked up two. Kinda sad, but it took me half way finishing the bun to realized that it was actually fish, not chicken (I like to think it was because I wasn't pay attention to what I was eating...).

Anyway, this bun was good! The fish tasted fresh, flavorful and didn't taste too oily. That veggie you see is a slice of cucumber (which I did not eat) and inside, is a light spread of tarter sauce (?). It was good! I need to go back there and eat it again to confirm that it wasn't a one time thing.

Carnation Bakery
4605 Kissena Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11355

(718) 321-8168

No comments:

Post a Comment