Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Casa Villa

I know it's crazy but I was addicted to this taco truck in CT awhile back. I've calm down since then but the last time I went to CT, I tried out another Mexican place. This time it was an actual restaurant.

Complimentary Chips and Salsa
The salsa was great. It had a nice kick and was flavorful. It also wasn't water down like some salsas I've had in the past.

Sangria - I think it was $8?
Decent but I still like Pio Pio's white win sangria better (the one on Northern Blvd in Queens)



Hot sauces - I forget which one was the spicy and which one was mild but both were decent hot sauces.

Cocktail De Camarones - $10 - Shrimp with onions, tomatoes, cilantro in a citrus cocktail sauce
It had a good amount of small shrimp in this cup. I didn't eat this so I'm not sure how it tastes.

Sopa De Mariscos - $8 or $15 -- Seafood medley and vegetables in a red seafood broth.
The person that ordered this enjoyed this. It had all sorts of seafood and the broth was good.

Flautas De Pollo - $6 -- Two crispy corn taguitos filled with chicken and spices. Served on a bed of shredded lettuce, black beans, onions, with tomatillo sauce and crema mexicana.
This was disappointing. The chicken was bland and the garnish on top of it didn't do much. Overall, if it was for the hot sauce, I don't think I would have enjoyed it one bit.

Chicken Burrito with Rice and Beans - $10

I think the picture speaks for itself. The burrito was quite disappointing. The chicken just didn't have any flavor and there was nothing inside of it to make up for the tasteless chicken. It looks like the chicken wasn't even grilled properly.

Overall, I'm not sure I would ever go back here. It just isn't worth the trip to CT.

Casa Villa
866 E Main St
Stamford, CT 06902

Phone number (203) 348-0622
casavillarestaurant.com

2 comments:

  1. Finally, an update!

    The chips and the sangria looked the best out of all the other pictures :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. J we can make those ourselves.

    ReplyDelete