Saturday, March 22, 2014

China Pearl Seafood Restaurant

Friends and I were craving good Cantonese style seafood and decided to satisfy that craving here.

We ordered 5 dishes...

Let's start off with the only non-seafood dish. I hope I'm remembering this vegetable right...I believe it's snow peas leaves? It was good simple stir fry. I think it's hard to mess this up.


Clams with Black Bean Sauce
In my opinion, this one was the worst of the batch. It was salty and when it came out, it looked a little weird too me. Something was off with consistency of the sauce. It looked like an "old dish" if that makes any sense.

I only ate a few of these clams.

Fried Flounder
I don't know why I don't order more fish when I go out. I like it but I'm not ready to cook it at home (I'm not over the slimy part yet). This dish was great. It was nicely fried so it had a nice crunch. The only bad thing was that it had some sort of soy sauce underneath it which made the areas that were on top of the sauce a bit salty. Next time, I will definitely tell them to put the sauce on the side.

Stir Fry Lobster - ~$29
This was great as well. It wasn't too bland or salty. The only bad thing was that there weren't a lot of pieces that had a lot of meat. It was good but I'm not sure if it's worth $29.

Salt and Pepper Fried Squid

The dish that others have raved about. It sure didn't disappoint. The batter was light, the seasoning was just right and it didn't taste oily at all. One of the best fried squid dish I've had in awhile.

Overall, good seafood place and I would go back. The bill came out to be ~$102 before tip. Not a cheap meal but I guess you would expect that considering the majority of the dishes were seafood.

China Pearl Seafood Restaurant
8222 45th Ave
Elmhurst, NY 11373

1 comment:

  1. When are you gonna make a new post, it has been 9 months already!

    ReplyDelete