Monday, January 14, 2013

Sylvia's Restaurant


Back in November, I was in Harlem and had some time so my companion and I decided to get some lunch.  Within a block, I saw this place and the name looked sooo familiar to me. I looked it up on Yelp and whataya know, it is pretty well known.

(Pics were taken with my phone)

Started off with two drinks...fruit punch and iced tea.



One of these drinks was really good and the other was mediocre! ;P I just can't seem to remember which one is which. I think the fruit punch was good...or was it the Iced tea?


I personally did not enjoy the cornbread. It had a bitter aftertaste. Frankly, the ones in Dallas BBQ are much better.

BBQ Ribs and Fried Chicken Combo
This was fairly disappointing. The chicken was not bad but nothing extraordinary. The ribs didn't look all that appetizing to me (I don't think I tried it).

Herb Chicken Meal

This was good. The chicken was moist and flavorful. This was definitely the highlight of the meal. The sides were eh.


I've seen this hot sauce in the supermarket. It tasted like any other hot sauce. Nothing special.


Overall, the restaurant was decent. I say drop by if you are in the neighborhood but don't go out of your way to eat there.

Sylvia's Restaurant
328 Malcolm X Blvd
New York, NY 10027

(212) 996-0660
http://www.sylviasrestaurant.com

3 comments:

  1. First off, finally a new post.

    What were you doing in Harlem? I've been wanting to try Sylvia's for awhile. The herb chicken and mashed potatoes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to find a good southern restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H volunteers there once a week and I had the day off so I tagged along that day.

    ReplyDelete