Monday, May 13, 2013

George's Ocean Terrace

First restaurant we ate at in San Diego. I was pretty excited about this place because the restaurant supposedly had a great view of the ocean. People were right. It was a nice view. I love restaurants overlooking water.



I forgot to take a plain shot of the view with my camera so here's a pic courtesy of the internet;)


I had an early reservation (5pm) ish and the sun was still out and bright. Besides the sun beaming down on us directly, the weather was prefect.


I really wanted a glass of red white but it was pretty hot outside so I figure I'll enjoy a margarita instead.

George’s Famous Soup - smoked chicken, broccoli and black beans - $10
This was for H but I had a couple of spoons. It was pretty flavorful.

Crispy Calamari - $12
This was good. It was crispy and not too chewy like some calamari that I've had. The pieces were just the right size and the breading had some good seasoning on it. The sauce on the side reminded me of the sauce that comes with the toasted meat ravioli at Olive Garden. It went well with the calamari.

Fresh Mussels - baked in natural juice with stock and butter, served with grilled country bread - $13.5
I'm not sure when I started enjoying mussels but I'm glad I did. This was good. I love mussels as an appetizer because it's light and won't fill you up.

Spaghetti with Clams - toasted garlic, roasted tomatoes, white wine, and extra virgin olive oil - $20

H said this was good as well. Fresh clams and pasta cooked right. It might have had a bit too much wine for his taste but overall, it was good.

Garlic Roasted Shrimp - chickpeas, chorizo, piquillo peppers, roasted fennel, lemon and almonds - $25

This was my entree...I thought it was great. The shrimp was nicely grilled and seasoned well although H said it was a bit bland. I didn't think so.

The chickpeas was a nice addition too. It complemented the dish instead of overwhelming it.

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking to enjoy a good meal with a beautiful scenery. The food is not spectacular but ambiance makes up for it.


George's Ocean Terrace
George's at the Cove
1250 Prospect St
La Jolla, CA 92037

(858) 454-4244
www.georgesatthecove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment