Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lao Dong Bei Restaurant Inc


My dinner tonight.


Small restaurant with about 5-6 tables? Your typical family owned business type of restaurant.

Winter melon with Seaweed and Egg - $4.95
A good flavorful soup. Great soup to start off with especially if you have a decent size party. Looking at the pic, I realized that I ate the soup without eating any winter melon. Doh.

Crispy Sliced Fish with Cumin - $12.99

Crispy, light and well seasoned. The cumin and red pepper flakes made this delicious. It was a tad salty but it wasn't a problem.

Fried Pork in Orange Sauce - $9.99

This was good but not great. What I liked about this was how thinly sliced the pork were. Usually these fried meat dishes come in good size pieces which I personally don't prefer. Someone said the sauce is similar to the peking pork chop sauce but that is not true. This one is sweet but not the type of sweetness you would taste with the peking style pork chops. This one also had a hint of ginger which was different.

Overall a really good restaurant. I can't wait to go back and try their other dishes.

Oh and the lady there was really nice.

Oh oh, they also didn't charge for rice which I think is awesome. I hate it when chinese restaurants charge for rice even if you order multiple entrees.

Lao Dong Bei Restaurant Inc
44-09 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11355

(718) 539-4100
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lao-dong-bei-restaurant-flushing

1 comment:

  1. OMG I know how to make the fish...but Fuschia doesn't do the cumin and dry pepper flakes... I need to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete