Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tabaré

Going to go straight to the pics..


I enjoyed this bottle of rosato.

Complimentary Bread
1 Cheese and 1 Chicken Empanadas - $7
The cheese empanada was great. The chicken, not so much. I remember it lacking flavor.

Churrasco - Grass-fat skirt steak, chimichurri sauce, potato confit, market salad - $19
The steak was good. They cooked it to my likely and the meat just tasted good. The chimichurri sauce on top of it was excellent too. The potato confit was okay. I don't like thick pieces of potato because there is usually not enough flavor to go around. It would have been better if this came with small pieces like potato wedges. The salad could have been good. It would have went well with the dish except that it was pretty salty. I think the guy coming around with the pepper mill actually had a salt mill instead...


I believe this was their flan de leche? Personally, I'm not a big fan of flan because I find it too sweet. I think the others at my table enjoyed it though.

Anyway, this is a good place for skirt steak. We got there at 6 on a Saturday evening and surprisingly, it wasn't that crowded at all. I guess 6 is a bit early for some people.

Tabaré
221 S 1st St (between Driggs Ave & Roebling St)
Brooklyn, NY 11211

(347) 335-0187
tabarenyc.com

1 comment: