Sunday, September 1, 2013

Datz

Stopped by here for a bite before flying back to NY. It was the #1 tampa place on Yelp so I figured why not.

Got there around 11am so we were able to sit right down.

Chili
The chili was good. Taste was flavorful. The consistency was more soup like than stew like. It also lacked an abundance of beans. Personally, I prefer it a bit thicker base and a good amount of beans. Other than that, I enjoyed this.

Dumb Cluck Beer - $12
Braised pulled chicken, bbq sauce & white ched-dar served hot on a house-baked sourdough bun
Chicken was moist, flavorful and wasn't too sweet. Good sandwich. Chips were good as well.

Havana Hottie - $12
Datz pulled pork, baked ham, swiss cheese, dill pickle, honeycup mustard, served hot on a house-baked batard


I personally did not like this one as much. H liked it though. I thought it was a bit on the bland and dry side. Fries were good.

Overall, great place to stop by for some lunch. Service was super nice. They also had a nice bakery. If I had more people to share a dessert with me, I would have gotten one ;)

Datz
2616 S MacDill Ave
Tampa, FL 33629

(813) 831-7000
datztampa.com

1 comment:

  1. M likes his chili thicker with lots of beans too. I like it thick but I don't mind having less beans.

    ReplyDelete