Friday, September 23, 2011

Tropix Bar & Lounge

It is amazing how people act differently when they think that they are being watched, especially by the police. A few years ago they installed two additional stop signs up my block. This turned the intersection to a four way stop. As the  years go by, I notice that a good amount of people ignore it and just sail their dumbass right through it without stopping. If it is not people running it, it's people barely stopping for it.

So I noticed that they recently parked a small/fake police car (the ones with only 3 wheels) on one of the corners of the intersection. I say fake because I have yet to see a police man or woman inside of it! It is always unoccupied. But boy oh boy does it make a difference. People are now slowing down and are not running the sign anymore! The dummy police car actually works!

Anyway, back to my original point. As I am crossing the street this morning, I see a lady in a car coming to a COMPLETE stop at the intersection (who does that these days???? :)) So she stops and catches my attention at this point. I see that when she stops she turns her head completely to the left, pause and THEN turns her head completely to the right like some school teacher teaching their little kids how to cross the street. You know what was so amazing about that?? It was a one way street!! What car was she looking for on the opposite direction?!? It was soo obvious that she doing a little show for the "cop". But here comes the kicker. After she looks both ways, she decides to make a right and almost run into my ass!! She never even signaled!!

A-maz-ing!

Well, enough talk. Here are some pictures to express my latest craving...Buffalo wings!!


These onion rings reminded me of the ones they used to give out in school for lunch. Some people might think that's gross but I'm actually one of the few that misses school lunch...oh, little round pizza, where are you!!


I think this was mine. I got the spicy wings. It was good. I love saucy wings and this place definitely had a good amount of sauce on it. It was pretty spicy too.


My friend's wings. I believe these were the jack daniels flavored wings? He swears by this. I personally preferred my spicy wings ;)

We went on a monday night where they have a 25 cents per wing special! My only complaint about this place is that it's super loud and you basically have to scream if you want to talk to your friend.

Having said that, I am ready to go back. 

Tropix Bar & Lounge
9532 Queens Blvd
Rego Park, NY 11374

(718) 275-0024
tropixny.com


2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but the buffalo wings don't look appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's probably because you can't link the spicy sauce to the pics. When I look at the pic, I drool a little...

    ReplyDelete