Sunday, January 8, 2012

Malagueta Brazilian Restaurant

Wow, has it really been almost 3 months since I last posted?? I blame my laptop!! It crapped out on me with all my stuff in it.

Well, I'm back! First post shall be dedicated to a new restaurant that was found by my friend.


Brazilian you say? Ya, I wasn't all that crazy about it when I heard. But to my surprise, this restaurant isn't your typical Brazilian restaurant. Sticks of meats were not brought out from the kitchen and sliced right in front of you. Thank goodness! (I'm not a crazy meat lover) Their menu is actually pretty extensive imo. I ended up getting a nice fish dish. Anyhow, let's get to the pics.

CamarãoAo Alho - Sautéed Shrimp with Garlic  - $8.00

 Mmm, this was great. The shrimp was cooked perfect. It was fresh and very flavorful. Good appetizer.


My glass of sangria. Pretty good.

Salmão Com Molho De Alcaparras - Sautéed Salmon with Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach and Capers Sauce - $17

This was my dish! This was sooo yummy. I loved it. The salmon was juicy on the inside and nice and crisp on the outside. The mash and spinach were also great. The portions were just right! I actually felt like I ate some healthy after finishing this ;)

Frango Grelhado - Grilled Chicken Breast served with Rice, Beans and Veggies - $15.00

My friend's dish. He said it was good. I didn't try it so I can't tell you what I thought of it.

Oh, and his meal came with beans. It was alright tasting.



Frango Ao Vinho Branco - Sautéed Chicken Breast with Shallots, White Wine Sauce, served with Mashed Potatoes and Carrots - $16.00

I believe I got the name of this dish right. I actually tried this chicken. It was good. Very flavorful from what I remember.

Ok - I don't know what my other friends ordered so I guessed the name of all the dishes below ;) Oh and all said they liked their food.

Frango Com Prosciutto - Sautéed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Fontina Cheese in Marsala Sage Sauce served with Mashed Potatoes and Spinach - $17.00
Corvina Com Vatapa - Roasted Fillet of Pollock, served with Vatapa (a spicey cream of fish, bread, dried shrimp, palm oil and cashews) and Shrimp Sauce - $16.00
Moqueca De Camarão - Shrimp Stew, Palm Oil, Onions, Peppers, Coconut Milk and Cilantro, served with Rice - $16.00

Tiramisu - $5
I'm not usually a tiramisu fan but I really liked this one. For me, tiramisu usually has this very "mushy" texture. Not a fan of that. This one, however, didn't have that mushy crap. It was good.

Coconut Flan
Again, I am not usually a flan person but I didn't mind this one. I usually find flans overly sweet but this one was just right.

Alright, so as you can guess, I highly recommend this restaurant! It's fairly small but the ambiance is good. Good cozy and quiet place.

Malagueta Brazilian Restaurant
25-35 36th Avenue
Astoria, NY 11106
(718) 937-4821

www.malaguetany.com

1 comment:

  1. Have you gone back for the 3rd time yet? I wouldn't be surprised if you did :P

    ReplyDelete