Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy Buddha Vegetarian Restaurant

Being down the block from my favorite Szechuan restaurant, I must have passed by this place a bunch of times. I even told myself that I would try it one day. So as you can imagine, when my friend suggested lunch here, I was looking forward to it.


Yes, you are reading it correctly...it says vegetarian restaurant.


This is the back of the restaurant. We sat in the front where there are about 3 to 4 tables.


I wasn't in the mood for a big breakfast so I ordered a few dim sum dishes. Oh yea, you can order dim sum items in the mornings (not sure if it's only on the weekends).

Cruller Rice Roll - $2.95
Fried Taro Custard - $2.45

Turnip Cake - $2.45
Indian Bread with Potato Curry - $2.95

House Veg Chicken Noodle Soup - $6.25

Eggplant with Basil - $9.95



Overall, not a bad restaurant. I think I would go there again and try their other dishes. I'm not sure when I will go back though since I do crave meat a lot...



Happy Buddha Vegetarian Restaurant
135-37 37th Ave
Flushing, NY 11357

(718) 358-0079
http://happybuddha.com

5 comments:

  1. That house special veggie chicken soup looks fantastic. I love tofu skins :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i have to try this place. the dishes looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to try this place too.

    ReplyDelete